Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com> on 2011/01/12 00:57:01 UTC

load balancer

I got straight forward questions,

1. is load balancing already built in, cause I have a hard time finding any information about it in the documentation.

2. If one was to build a LB plugin, would one start with a remap plugin, or a regular plugin.

thanks
Filip

Re: load balancer

Posted by Eric Balsa <er...@apache.org>.
1. No

2. Yes :) Either would work. It depends on how sophisticated you want
your load balancing to be.

I would look at a remap plugin if you want to hash to origins based
only on aspects of the request (cookie/query string/url etc) and a
normal plugin if you want to do more tricky stuff (like pools of
origins with health checking, persistence, etc)

--Eric