Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Leandro <le...@fuseim.com> on 2011/04/27 16:20:33 UTC

mvn compile works mvn site-deploy causes complation error

Hi,

I have a multi-project module with maven 3.0.2

I am trying to setup the site generation after all compile dependencies are
now resolved and no compile error is caused during mvn compile or mvn
install or mvn deploy.

When I do a mvn site or mvn site:stage I get a compile error, anyone has a
clue what is going on ? Also a mvn clean install before site does not fix
this problem

Besides I think is taking too much time, and I see the message "Forking
...." more than three times per project.

In my root pom I added the following code inside tag:

<plugin>
                <version>3.0-beta-2</version>
                <configuration>
                  <siteDirectory>${basedir}/site/</siteDirectory>

                <reportPlugins>
                      <plugin>
                        <version>2.7</version>
                      </plugin>
                  <plugin>

<artifactId>maven-project-info-reports-plugin</artifactId>
                          <version>2.2</version>
                          <reportSets>
                                <reportSet>
                                <reports>
                                  <report>dependencies</report>
                                  <report>license</report>
                                  <report>scm</report>
                                  <report>project-team</report>
                                </reports>
                                </reportSet>
                                </reportSets>
                     </plugin>
                  </reportPlugins>
                </configuration>
              </plugin>

I have a few doubts:

1) Why am I getting a compilation error only when I use mvn site?

2) Do I need to add the code below or similar to the subprojects as well?
(or is enough in the root pom?)

3) Do I need to add the true or the appropriate goal (aggregate) ?

4) Would I get an error if I do not write the site descriptor in each
subproject?

5) Is it normal that I am getting more than three "Forking ...." messages?

Finally, the last error was:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.0-beta-2:stage (default-cli) on
project xstreamline3-viewers: Error during page generation: Error rendering
Maven report:
[ERROR] Exit code: 1 -
com/fuseim/process/action/PollMessages.class(com/fuseim/process/action:PollMessages.class):
warning: Cannot find annotation method 'value()' in type
'javax.ejb.TransactionAttribute': class file for
javax.ejb.TransactionAttribute not found
[ERROR]
com/fuseim/process/action/PollMessages.class(com/fuseim/process/action:PollMessages.class):
warning: Cannot find annotation method 'value()' in type
'javax.ejb.TransactionAttribute'
[ERROR] error: in class file
com/fuseim/process/action/PollMessages.class(com/fuseim/process/action:PollMessages.class):
unknown enum constant javax.ejb.TransactionAttributeType.REQUIRES_NEW
[ERROR]
com/fuseim/process/action/CreateProcessListener.class(com/fuseim/process/action:CreateProcessListener.class):
warning: Cannot find annotation method 'value()' in type
'javax.ejb.TransactionManagement': class file for
javax.ejb.TransactionManagement not found

Please help me with this issue.

RE: mvn compile works mvn site-deploy causes complation error

Posted by Leandro <le...@fuseim.com>.
Re: mvn compile works mvn site-deploy causes complation error

Posted by Leandro <le...@fuseim.com>.

Posted by Alex Lopez <al...@flordeutopia.pt>.
Have you tried with maven-site-plugin 3.0-beta-3 ?

Also I don't remember why exaclty, I've got
<executions>
					<execution>
						<id>attach-descriptor</id>
						<goals>
							<goal>attach-descriptor</goal>
						</goals>
					</execution>
				</executions>

inside site <plugin>, maybe it is needed for something to work OK?

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.

Leandro wrote:
> Thanks Wayne. I've just solved it adding one dependency to the project.
>
> Why that problem only appears with mvn site and not with mvn deploy?

It's the javadoc report that bombs because of missing annotation deps,
and javadoc only runs with site.

> Also sometimes if I run mvn install site:stage (with install before) I don't get errors, otherwise I do. Why is this happening?

See http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-171

HTH,
-Lukas

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Leandro <le...@fuseim.com>.
In this URL you can see the complete output running mvn site -X in the module which error: http://pastebin.com/8yV8WBQh

Is the same error I get when I run mvn site:stage in the root project

Let me know if you need more info

Thanks
Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Leandro skrev 2011-04-27 18:50:
> Hi,
>
> I did it, I get a really large output in the console, which finally shows tyhe message i wrote above :/

Yes, but somewhere just above the error message, you should see which
plugin is running. Without that info it's difficult to help you.

Dennis Lundberg

RE: mvn compile works mvn site-deploy causes complation error

Posted by Leandro <le...@fuseim.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Hi