Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Peter Pinnau <pe...@unterbrecher.de> on 2017/05/17 10:18:52 UTC

Custom XMP schemas vs. XMPMediaManagementSchema

Not sure if this is the right place for this topic.

I am working on a document management software which already has a
number of features to work on PDF documents like real-life paper. My
plan is to add some kind of modification history information to the PDF.
Let's call it a "feed" in modern speech.

I take a look at the Adobe XMP specifications:

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/xmp/pdfs/XMPSpecificationPart2.pdf

It seems that the "XMP Media Management Schema" with the field
"versions" could be the perfect place for the "feed". The specification
says that the XMPMM->versions field is a list of version objects. A
version object has some properties like date, event, comments ...

A corresponding org.apache.xmpbox.type.VersionType exists in xmpbox but
is not used as far as I can see. The versions property of
org.apache.xmpbox.schema.XMPMediaManagementSchema returns just a
List<String>.

Is the current implementation incomplete at this point? Is there a
chance to get it working?

Generally I would prefer to use well-known XMP schemas instead of
creating an own.

--
Viele Grüße
Peter Pinnau