Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Stephen Bartlett <st...@versata.com> on 2002/04/26 02:24:48 UTC

OutOfMemory during Continuous Integration

Hi All,

Has anybody experienced OutOfMemory exceptions when running ANT in a
CruiseControl environment?

I read a message posted to the CruiseControl mailing list that implied the
problem might be with <antcall>. Quote "The antcall problem comes because
each antcall causes the
main xml file to be reloaded and reparsed, and the space is not being
freed."

Could this be true? If so, is there a patch?

cheers,
steve

Re: OutOfMemory during Continuous Integration

Posted by Dave Bettin <ja...@yahoo.com>.
We have  the same problem and instead of using the
XSLT approach, we just increased the jvm heap size and
restart CruiseControl every hour.

Dave
--- Stephen Bartlett <st...@versata.com>

Posted by Scott Ellsworth <sc...@alodar.com>.
On Thursday, April 25, 2002, at 05:24  PM, Stephen Bartlett wrote:

> Has anybody experienced OutOfMemory exceptions when running ANT in a
> CruiseControl environment?

Yes.

> I read a message posted to the CruiseControl mailing list that implied
> the problem might be with <antcall>. Quote "The antcall problem comes
> because each antcall causes the main xml file to be reloaded and
> reparsed, and the space is not being freed."
>
> Could this be true? If so, is there a patch?

It is true, and there are many ways around it.  I chose to build my main
build.xml from an xslt template, which creates separate targets for each
dependency.  Thus, I do not use antcall.  I may use ant itself a few
times, but that is the extent of it.

Scott