Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org> on 2008/10/09 17:51:05 UTC

Re:

It looks from headers that you are using an Apache webserver frontend:
Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) mod_jk/1.2.18

Make sure that the URIEncoding="UTF-8" attribute is set on the AJP
Connector as well.

If you are doing re-writing or any parsing of the URL on the Apache
webserver end, it might need to be configured to use UTF-8.

--a.

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
Great.  That's progress.

I do not use an Apache frontend in front of my personal Roller instance,
so I don't have anything to share.  Maybe other users can help here.

Here are some things you should check carefully:

First, if you are using auto conf between Apache and Tomcat, make sure
that the Apache side of the mod_jk / AJP configuration is updated after
you configured your Tomcat properly.  This may require restarting the
Apache server.

If you have Roller set up properly.  The permalink should get URL
encoded by Roller (with % hex values of the non-ASCII UTF-8 characters).
  The URL should go out to the browser and come back in this same form.
Everything will work fine if this happens.  That is the behavior you
should be seeing now when you go directly to the Tomcat HTTP port.

My guess is that the character encoding is getting mangled by rewriting
rules you have set up with mod_rewrite in Apache.  If your rewriting
rules are not written properly, the entire URL may be decoded and
transmitted improperly either on the outbound path or on the inbound
path.  I think it is possible to pass portions of the URL verbatim
through the rewrite rules, and that if you do this, I think you will be
ok.  But I am not an expert in Apache rewrite rules.

I hope this helps.

R: Problem with special chars like ���� in entry permalink

Posted by Guglielmo Carandente <g....@cnmedia.it>.
Thanks, so it's work... the problem is apache...could you send me your
apache configuration, so I compare it with my configuration...
To help distinguish between an issue on the Roller side or the Apache
frontend, here is what I would suggest.

 From inside your firewall, use your browser to navigate to the URL.

Posted by Boris Milikič <bo...@mf-rs.si>.
This  problem is on Linux installation. On windows   installation it works fine.

Boris

To help distinguish between an issue on the Roller side or the Apache frontend, here is what I would suggest.

 From inside your firewall, use your browser to navigate to the URL.

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
To help distinguish between an issue on the Roller side or the Apache
frontend, here is what I would suggest.

 From inside your firewall, use your browser to navigate to the URL.