Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Penagos Jaime <Ja...@ub.uni-muenchen.de> on 2022/11/21 14:42:25 UTC

File Component with variable FileName (set from properties placeholder or similar)

Hi folks,

I'm working with Camel 3.18.4 and I want to work with placeholders and the File component.

My idea has been: load an information on one route (lets call it route A), then start the route B that uses the file component (autostart is set on false) with the filename that I get from route A.

I tried to use Simple language on the file component but it doesnt load anything and throws an error, because that is not parsable. If I somehow manage to create a Property Placeholder with that information, the route wont even start because it needs the name of the property at the beginning of the route initialization to move on.

is there any approach I can take to use DSL to make this idea work? Or am I totally lost and I should a different setting to approach this use case?

I appreciate any advice on the topic, thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,
--
Jaime Penagos

Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität
Universitätsbibliothek
Abteilung Informationstechnologie

Geschwister-Scholl-Platz 1, 80539 München
E-Mail: jaime.penagos@ub.uni-muenchen.de<ma...@ub.uni-muenchen.de>

AW: File Component with variable FileName (set from properties placeholder or similar)

Posted by Penagos Jaime <Ja...@ub.uni-muenchen.de>.
Hi Claus, thank you so much for your answer!

I tried it out and it works perfectly. Now I can finally create the routes dinamically when needed and stop getting a headache trying to find a workaround.

One of the problems I've had in general with the File component has to be that I can't share properties or any parameter between Components. (e.g. having two independent File routes, and sharing information from one to another by using either a Placeholder or an Exchange property). This approach with Template routes is going to be very useful. Thank you so much again,

Best regards,
Jaime

Yes you can add new routes dynamically, where you can then create a new route B with the filename when you have it.

You can also look at route templates, and create the route from a template (see docs)

On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 3:42 PM Penagos Jaime < Jaime.Penagos@ub.uni-muenchen.de> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm working with Camel 3.18.4 and I want to work with placeholders and
> the File component.
>
> My idea has been: load an information on one route (lets call it route
> A), then start the route B that uses the file component (autostart is
> set on
> false) with the filename that I get from route A.
>
> I tried to use Simple language on the file component but it doesnt
> load anything and throws an error, because that is not parsable. If I
> somehow manage to create a Property Placeholder with that information,
> the route wont even start because it needs the name of the property at
> the beginning of the route initialization to move on.
>
> is there any approach I can take to use DSL to make this idea work? Or
> am I totally lost and I should a different setting to approach this use case?
>
> I appreciate any advice on the topic, thank you very much in advance!
>
> Best regards,
> --
> Jaime Penagos
>
> Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität
> Universitätsbibliothek
> Abteilung Informationstechnologie
>
> Geschwister-Scholl-Platz 1, 80539 München
> E-Mail: jaime.penagos@ub.uni-muenchen.de<mailto:
> jaime.penagos@ub.uni-muenchen.de>

--
Claus Ibsen

Re: File Component with variable FileName (set from properties placeholder or similar)

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi