Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/11 09:04:32 UTC

The "hidden dependencies" of the node2-launcher module

Folks,

While trying to run the latest code within Eclipse - and failing (!) - I noted something curious
about the node2-launcher module.

I has no dependencies on any other module within Tuscany.

Given that it has the task of bootstrapping Tuscany, I found this surprising, to say the least.

Of course, there is a dependency in reality - when you try to use node2-launcher, you rapidly find
that a class "DomainManagerLauncherBootstrap" is required.  But this dependency is not declared.  It
is used "indirectly" via a Class.forName(...) method so the dependency is hidden and is at one remove.

I don't think that this is a good approach.  Why has it been done in this way?

Yours,  Mike.