Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2007/05/23 03:19:47 UTC

new committer and PMC member: Brian Dube

The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Forrest
has asked Brian Dube to become a committer and member of
the PMC, and we are pleased to announce that he has accepted.

The process is still happening to get the account established,
The ASF is a volunteer organisation and things take time.

Brian has been in this community for a long while, late 2004 IIRC.
He helps users and other developers. His answers indicate that
he understands Forrest well. Brian's approach demonstrates a
co-operative manner and commitment to the project's well-being.

Welcome Brian, and thanks for whatever you manage to help with.

Being a committer enables easier contribution to the
project since there is no need to go via the patch
submission process. This should enable better productivity.
Being a PMC member enables assistance with the management
and to guide the direction of the project.

-David

Re: new committer and PMC member: Brian Dube

Posted by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.
On 5/24/07, Brian M Dube <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to helping out wherever I can.
> The computer is soon to be packed up as part of moving house, but I'll
> be around again when I'm in the new location.
>
> Brian

Welcome aboard Brian and good luck with the move;)
--tim

Re: new committer and PMC member: Brian Dube

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 08:29 -0500, Brian M Dube wrote:
> Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to helping out wherever I can.
> The computer is soon to be packed up as part of moving house, but I'll
> be around again when I'm in the new location.

:)

Welcome Brain as official committer and PMC member.

Good luck with moving and hope you will not run into not having internet
at home like I did last time.

Hope to team up with you soon.

salu2

Re: new committer and PMC member: Brian Dube

Posted by Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cy...@pcotech.fr>.
Welcome Brian as official committer and PMC member Brian.

We are glad you had accepted to continue with us - and I am sure we are going to make a good work all together.

Salutations,
Cyriaque,

Re: new committer and PMC member: Brian Dube

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 23/05/07, David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> wrote:
> Welcome Brian, and thanks for whatever you manage to help with.
>
> Being a committer enables easier contribution to the
> project since there is no need to go via the patch
> submission process. This should enable better productivity.
> Being a PMC member enables assistance with the management
> and to guide the direction of the project.

Good to have you on board Brian (and good to have David keeping things
ticking along while we all seem to be busy elsewhere).

Ross

RE: new committer and PMC member: Brian Dube

Posted by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.
Congrats Brian, much deserved, good luck with the move
see you on the other side :)

Gav...