Posted to users@maven.apache.org by rmatthews <rm...@nakedobjects.org> on 2007/11/27 10:28:00 UTC

Javadocs during install phase

After adding javadoc plugin to the build plugins section Maven fails to
compile my code anymore.

Before, with nothing in the local repository, Maven would compile and test
each module, and then install it in the repository.

Now it state "No goals needed for project - skipping" for each project and
then, after working through each module in the same ways, tries to download
the artifacts it should have just created.  This fails as the repository
hasn't had them added yet (with a typical "failed to load artifact"
message).

This is what has been added to the build element of the parent pom (note -
it is not within the reporting element as my aim is to subsequently include
the javadocs in a generated assembly).

                                               <plugin>
								<executions>
										<execution>
												<inherited>false</inherited>
												<phase>install</phase>
												<goals>
														<goal>jar</goal>
												</goals>
										</execution>
								</executions>
								<configuration>
										<inherited>false</inherited>
										<aggregate>true</aggregate>
								</configuration>
						</plugin>

Why is this not working? Am I taking the wrong approach? What more
information can I provide?

Many thanks.

Re: Javadocs during install phase

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/11/27, Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>:
> Antonio Petrelli wrote:
> > 2007/11/27, rmatthews <rm...@nakedobjects.org>:
> >>
> >> <aggregate>true</aggregate>
> >

> > This is the problem :-(
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-116
> > 22 votes and 15 watches, and no one that takes care of it :-(
>
> Please, feel free to attach a patch to that issue ;-)

If I was able to correct it, I would have fixed it a long time ago.
But I think that I helped anyway, because I made a small test case,
attached to the issue, to help developers in debugging the issue.

Sorry
Antonio

Re: Javadocs during install phase

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.