Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Mehdi Chitforoosh <me...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/03 19:38:02 UTC

Fwd: Array,flatten() and binary_string() problem

Hi,

Thank you guys for this sexy framework.I love it:-) .i tested
phoenix,hive,...

 Apache Drill is better beacuse of query on semi-structured data.It is my
pleasure that contribute in this open-source. soon.
1.I have an array of byte[] (as generated id) (ARRAY(VARBINARY)) that can
be nested in a hbase column .[id1,id2,....]  (each id is byte[])
first problem : Drill seprates array elements with ',' that binary
representation of ',' maybe conflict with id bytes .i change the ids to hex
string like '\xAD\xFD\x34' for avoiding conflict for ',' and using
binary_string function in Drill.
hbase insert '\' charachter as hex '\x5c' for example id hex string
'\xAD\xFD\x34' change to '\x5cxAD\x5cxFD\x5c34' that i can't read this
value with binary_string.
I want to combine flatten() function on array to get id hex string elements
then call binary_string on elements to get varbinary and finally join on
other table.
do you have a suggestion?
Thank you.

--