Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu> on 2018/02/16 22:18:48 UTC

Xerces-C 3.2.1rc2 posted

Signed distributions available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/xerces/c/3/sources/

Release notes:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10510&version=12341423

Will call for a vote next week if nothing else pops up.

-- Scott

Re: Xerces-C 3.2.1rc2 posted

Posted by DK <dk...@gmail.com>.
Please no longer include this email address in threads.
Thank you.

RE: Xerces-C 3.2.1rc2 posted

Posted by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu>.
> Nothing else showed up today.  If it would be possible to do an rc3 with
> the fixes I committed rolled in, I'll do another round of testing to
> double-check the changes.

My Macbook is at home, I'll rebuild it this evening.

-- Scott

Re: Xerces-C 3.2.1rc2 posted

Posted by rl...@codelibre.net.
On 2018-02-18 23:19, Roger Leigh wrote:
> On 16/02/18 22:18, Cantor, Scott wrote:
>> Signed distributions available here:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/xerces/c/3/sources/
>>
>> Release notes:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10510&version=12341423
>>
>> Will call for a vote next week if nothing else pops up.
>
> I added a couple of commits to address a couple of problems:
>
> 1) A header variable substitution was wrong for MSVC, leading to a
> xerces-c_.lib missing the major version.
>
> 2) Moving the version numbers out of XercesVersion.hpp to a generated
> header broke tools which relied on parsing the version number out of
> the header such as FindXercesC (CMake).  Generating XercesVersion.hpp
> directly avoids such breakage.
>
> I'm resting with these two patches, and I'll let you know if I find
> anything else tomorrow.

Nothing else showed up today.  If it would be possible to do an rc3 with
the fixes I committed rolled in, I'll do another round of testing to
double-check the changes.

Thanks,
Roger

Re: Xerces-C 3.2.1rc2 posted

Posted by Roger Leigh <rl...@codelibre.net>.

On 18/02/18 23:19, Roger Leigh wrote:
> On 16/02/18 22:18, Cantor, Scott wrote:
>> Signed distributions available here:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/xerces/c/3/sources/
>>
>> Release notes:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10510&version=12341423
>>

>> Will call for a vote next week if nothing else pops up.
>
> I added a couple of commits to address a couple of problems:
>
> 1) A header variable substitution was wrong for MSVC, leading to a
> xerces-c_.lib missing the major version.
>
> 2) Moving the version numbers out of XercesVersion.hpp to a generated
> header broke tools which relied on parsing the version number out of the
> header such as FindXercesC (CMake).  Generating XercesVersion.hpp
> directly avoids such breakage.
>
> I'm resting with these two patches, and I'll let you know if I find
> anything else tomorrow.

s;resting;re-testing;!

Re: Xerces-C 3.2.1rc2 posted

Posted by Roger Leigh <rl...@codelibre.net>.