Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by thong102vn <ho...@yahoo.com> on 2011/11/26 14:14:42 UTC

[WS Security] Why cannot use multiple private keys for signing with multiple clients

Hi all,

I have a question, for signature action in ws-security of wss4j, that is
there a feature like encryptionUser = "useReqSigCert" for signatureUser?.
Because if server has multiple keys and distributes multiple certificates
for many clients so that it can sign outgoing messages for each client with
the key correspond to the certificate client has (in request).

As i tried to test that this is just limitation in ws-security but not in
ws-secureConversation. Is it right?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Thong Nguyen.

Re: [WS Security] Why cannot use multiple private keys for signing with multiple clients

Posted by Aki Yoshida <el...@googlemail.com>.
2011/11/28 Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>:
> Hi,
>
> There is currently no support for this functionality in WSS4J. If you
> want to contribute a patch for this feature I'll take a look.

Hi Colm,
don't we get this feature if we can configure two WSS4JOutInterceptors
in tandem with different signing properties? So I thought it's not
about a functionality in WSS4J but in CXF, no?

regards, aki

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Hi,

<ho...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a question, for signature action in ws-security of wss4j, that is
> there a feature like encryptionUser = "useReqSigCert" for signatureUser?.
> Because if server has multiple keys and distributes multiple certificates
> for many clients so that it can sign outgoing messages for each client with
> the key correspond to the certificate client has (in request).
>
> As i tried to test that this is just limitation in ws-security but not in
> ws-secureConversation. Is it right?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Regards,
> Thong Nguyen.