Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Jeremy Custenborder <jc...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/13 22:48:23 UTC

RabbitMQ Source and Sink for Flume-NG

All,

I put together a Flume-NG sink and source for rabbitmq. It has some
error detection support and can backoff, then reestablish a connection
in the event that rabbitmq is unavailable. Feel free to hit me up with
any questions you might have.

The source is released under an apache license.

https://github.com/jcustenborder/flume-ng-rabbitmq

Re: RabbitMQ Source and Sink for Flume-NG

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Jeremy,

That is great. Since the source is already under Apache License, you could consider submitting it to the Flume Project itself (unless, there is a dependency on some Apache incompatible license).

Thanks
Hari

--
Hari Shreedharan

Posted by Jeremy Custenborder <jc...@gmail.com>.
Ralph,

Thanks for the links on the license.

This code is specific to RabbitMQ due to the protocol used. It might
work with Apache Qpid which implements AMQP. I just found Apache Qpid
a minute ago when searched for message brokers compatible with AMQP. I
have no clue if it is compatible. That being said the pattern I'm
using could be abstracted out to allow some more code reuse. My only
concern would be the bloat associated with all of the different
libraries needed.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Custenborder <jc...@gmail.com>.