Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Maurice Coyle <ma...@ucd.ie> on 2003/07/21 21:18:04 UTC

problems extracting documents using Terms

hi all,

i'm trying to extract a document number from my lucene index using (where
read is an IndexReader)
TermDocs td = read.termDocs(new Term("url", someurl));

This call never returns any results, despite the fact that i definitely know
that a document with the url field equal to someurl exists in the index
(because i know the document in the index's document number and the code:

Document d=read.document(docnum);
System.out.println(d.get("url"));

outputs the String someurl).

i don't know what's going on, hopefully i've included enough information for
someone to spot what's up.

thanks very much,
maurice

Re: problems extracting documents using Terms

Posted by maurits van wijland <m....@quicknet.nl>.
Maurice,

Please look at the tool Luke,

http://www.getopt.org/luke

And that can help you see into your index.
Maybe there is some trouble with spaces
or trimming of strings...but Luke can help
you there!

Good luck,

Maurits