Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by John Wang <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/24 08:45:29 UTC

Lucene Benchmark

Hi guys:

     Can you guys point me to some details on the Lucene Benchmark module?
Specifically the grammar/syntax for the Algorithm files?

Thanks

-John

Re: Lucene Benchmark

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
Hi,
for those who care about the subj. While working on some specific problem,
I find out that task sequence can be interrupted only when new loop starts.
I need to break the sequence in the middle. Here is a tiny diff which does
it
https://github.com/m-khl/lucene-solr/commit/660ecd62a0dcf1eec2f0f592ae50bae68b14b0cf
If you wish I can raise a jira and attach the patch.

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

<http://www.griddynamics.com>
<mk...@griddynamics.com>

Re: Lucene Benchmark

Posted by John Wang <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Lucene Benchmark

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
There's a ticket for Solr too but it is kind of clunky. I plan to spend a
few weeks next month on the Solr benchmark suite.

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 4:43 PM, david.w.smiley@gmail.com <
david.w.smiley@gmail.com> wrote:

> I use the benchmark module for spatial and I intend to for highlighting
> performance next month.
>

> On Wednesday, September 24, 2014, Mikhail Khludnev <
> mkhludnev@griddynamics.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi John,
>>
>> It's obvious
>> http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_8_0/benchmark/org/apache/lucene/benchmark/byTask/package-summary.html
>> It's also described in LUA. I just get into it and understand how to use
>> it. Feel free to ask if you face any difficulties.
>>
>> Beware that Lucene devs use
>> https://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/luceneutil/
>> http://blog.mikemccandless.com/2011/04/catching-slowdowns-in-lucene.html
>> I didn't get into it, just know that it reports fancy tables which you
>> can meet in performance optimization jiras.
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 10:45 AM, John Wang <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys:
>>>
>>>      Can you guys point me to some details on the Lucene Benchmark
>>> module? Specifically the grammar/syntax for the Algorithm files?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> -John
>>>

>> --
>> Sincerely yours