Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Venkat Muthusamy <vm...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/02 02:58:53 UTC

Oozie pre-built distribution binary

We face issues when building Oozie.
Especially in our corporate environment we have separate Maven and proxy
settings

Is there a way or place we can get the pre built distribution of Oozie.

Thanks
Venkat

Re: Oozie pre-built distribution binary

Posted by jun aoki <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Venkat/Harsh,

Not that it immediately fulfills your request, but I have a POC of maven
repo for Oozie binary distribution.
This is what I sent a few days ago.

I have made a proof of concept for mvn oozie plugin.
It is hacky at this point but sufficient.

1. Make sure you don't have any oozie libraries/binaries/jars in your local
repo or PATH. Execute a following command. (Ideally, if you have a fresh OS
and install java and mvn, it should do)

*rm ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/oozie -r*

2. Download https://raw.github.com/jaoki/oozie-plugin-example/master/pom.xml

*wget --no-check-certificate
https://raw.github.com/jaoki/oozie-plugin-example/master/pom.xml*

3. mvn oozie:help

This will output the cli help, and yes it is of course from a real
oozie-cli binary and from my maven repository.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Venkat,

--
Harsh J