Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Emmanouil Batsis <Em...@eurodyn.com> on 2004/07/13 12:56:21 UTC

Check for forward

Is there a way to "know" whether the HttpServletRequest I am processing
(in my action or whatever) was forwarded and thus is not a direct or
redirected request?

Thanks,

Manos

Re: Check for forward

Posted by Michael McGrady <mi...@michaelmcgrady.com>.
There are all sorts of ways to do this.  One good one is to put all your
jsp pages inside WEB-INF.

Re: Check for forward

Posted by Emmanouil Batsis <Em...@eurodyn.com>.
Bill Siggelkow wrote:

> Create a custom RequestProcessor that extends the Struts
> RequestProcessor. In the custom class override the processForwardConfig
> method to do whatever you want.

Although not an API call, this is exactly what I needed. Thanks to all
who answered.

Manos

Re: Check for forward

Posted by Bill Siggelkow <bi...@bellsouth.net>.

Re: Check for forward

Posted by Emmanouil Batsis <Em...@eurodyn.com>.

Re: Check for forward

Posted by Bill Siggelkow <bi...@bellsouth.net>.

Re: Check for forward

Posted by Emmanouil Batsis <Em...@eurodyn.com>.
Michael McGrady wrote:
> You can add information to your forwards, but, since they are your
> forwards, why would you?

I would like to protect resources from direct access (i.e. non forwarded
requests), and was wondering if there is a more standard way to do it
besides forcing everyone in my team to mark forwarded requests with an
attribute.

 > I don't understand the practical reach of this
 > question.

Hope it's clearer now.

Cheers,

Manos

Re: Check for forward

Posted by Michael McGrady <mi...@michaelmcgrady.com>.
You can add information to your forwards, but, since they are your
forwards, why would you?  I don't understand the practical reach of this
question.