Posted to dev@sqoop.apache.org by abhijeet gaikwad <ab...@apache.org> on 2012/10/31 05:06:28 UTC

'trunk' as version label in JIRA

Hi Devs,
There are few cases in which I have observed that the affect versions for
an issue is not any of the previously released versions, but somewhere
between last version and current trunk. I personally have kept affect
versions empty in such cases. So, just a thought - can we have 'trunk' as
one of the version labels in JIRA?

Thanks,
Abhijeet

Re: 'trunk' as version label in JIRA

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Abhijeet,
thank you very much for your note, I've never noticed such issue. You're right that using unreleased versions in "affected" field might be confusing for some users.

I was thinking about it and I personally do not incline to have "trunk" version. My reasoning is that then we might end up having situation like "affected: trunk", "fixed: 1.4.3", "current version: 1.4.4" which seems even more confusing to me :-). I kind of like your current solution by leaving the affected field blank when talking about unreleased code.

Jarcec