Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by deepak patwardhan <dp...@gridsolv.com> on 2005/11/08 16:44:54 UTC

Deploying JSR 168 compliant portlets

Hi all,

I am trying to deploy a tiny portlet, which is JSR 168
compliant, on Jetspeed 1.6. I created a WAR file and
tried to deploy the portlet by dropping the archive in
the $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/deploy/

However, on doing so, I see the following exception
being raised :

Found web.xml
ERROR: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.DeploymentException:
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.DeployPortletAppEventListener.deployPortletApplication(DeployPortletAppEventListener.java:173)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.DeployPortletAppEventListener.invokeDeploy(DeployPortletAppEventListener.java:158)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.StandardDeploymentManager.dispatch(StandardDeploymentManager.java:257)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.StandardDeploymentManager.deploy(StandardDeploymentManager.java:168)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.StandardDeploymentManager.fireDeploymentEvent(StandardDeploymentManager.java:202)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.StandardDeploymentManager$FileSystemScanner.run(StandardDeploymentManager.java:342)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection
refused

Can anyone shed light on why this exception is being
thrown ? To whom is the Portlet deployer trying to
connect to, and fails ?

Please also let me know whether deploying JSR-168
compliant portlets is really this simple or do I have
to tweak some other files in jetspeed ?

any help will be appreciated.

thanks,
Deepak S Patwardhan.