Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Liu <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/20 20:11:00 UTC

Cryptographic provider list

Sorry if this does not sound relevant to this list.
But I think that web developers using Tomcat who
played with client authencation might know this.

I am working on a certification authority (CA) web
application on Tomcat 6, using Java.

The web users of this application can apply for x.509
digital certificates with my CA.

This works fine, if users use Internet Explorer. A
user can select from a list of cryptographic providers
to generate the public/private key pairs as shown by
the screen snapshot below:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/188/428327747_1b0906e0c7.jpg?v=0

But this same list does not show up in Firefox 2.0.

Well, the function which gets the list of
cryptographic providers is written in VBSCRIPT, and I
know that Firefox does not support VBScript.
Therefore, my question is, if I write the function in
Javascript, then will this list show up in Firefox?
Is there any sample JavaScript code that does this?  Thanks.