Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by mauro2java2011 <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/07 00:05:57 UTC

tomee webapp overlay. it midify the server.xml of existent plain tomcat?

Tomee webapp overlay.

https://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/2014/05/30/war-overlay-tomee-to-deploy-your-ee-application-in-tomcat/
<https://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/2014/05/30/war-overlay-tomee-to-deploy-your-ee-application-in-tomcat/>
.

I have read how integrate tomee into a web app for use jee Features like ejb
for example And use into a existent plain tomcat.

But from  http://tomee.apache.org/installation-drop-in-war.html
<http://tomee.apache.org/installation-drop-in-war.html>
 Page , i read that the drop war tomee modify the plain tomcat where it is
deployed. For example  add a tomeeListener into server.xml and change other
jars for example el .

So i ask: how work the  tomee-overlay-runner and if  it modify the
server.xml of existent tomcat for add toneelistenertoneelistenerwrr ?

Re: tomee webapp overlay. it midify the server.xml of existent plain tomcat?

Posted by Daniel Cunha <da...@gmail.com>.
So cool! I didn't know it.

I can see that I need study more about TomEE's ecosystem. ;)

On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 7:37 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Tomee webapp overlay.
> >

> https://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/2014/05/30/war-overlay-tomee-to-deploy-your-ee-application-in-tomcat/
> > <
> >
> https://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/2014/05/30/war-overlay-tomee-to-deploy-your-ee-application-in-tomcat/
> > >
> > .
> >
> > I have read how integrate tomee into a web app for use jee Features like
> > ejb
> > for example And use into a existent plain tomcat.
> >
> > But from  http://tomee.apache.org/installation-drop-in-war.html
> > <http://tomee.apache.org/installation-drop-in-war.html>
> >  Page , i read that the drop war tomee modify the plain tomcat where it
> is
> > deployed. For example  add a tomeeListener into server.xml and change
> other
> > jars for example el .
> >
> > So i ask: how work the  tomee-overlay-runner and if  it modify the
> > server.xml of existent tomcat for add toneelistenertoneelistenerwrr ?
> >

> overlay idea is to merge your webapp and tomee one to avoid the issues has
> raw drop in war solution (without additional config) like not deterministic
> startup etc...
>

> > --

Best regard,
Daniel Cunha (soro)

Re: tomee webapp overlay. it midify the server.xml of existent plain tomcat?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.