Posted to announce@apache.org by Gilles Sadowski <er...@apache.org> on 2022/12/22 22:44:03 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Commons Math 4.0-beta1

More than 6.5 years after the last release, the ASF "Commons"
team is pleased to announce the availability of
  Commons Math (version 4.0-beta1)

The release notes can be reviewed at
  https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/math/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

Distribution packages can be downloaded from
  https://commons.apache.org/math/download_math.cgi

When downloading, please verify signatures using
  https://downloads.apache.org/commons/KEYS

Maven artifacts are also available from the Maven Central repository:
  https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/commons

Best regards,
Gilles (for the "Commons" PMC)

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Commons Math 4.0-beta1

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

Le mar. 27 déc. 2022 à 16:00, Bill Igoe <bi...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> I noted the beta on maven.  Should I delete the older version from the POM
> file?

Do you mean version 3.6.1 ?

>   I now have both in my code;
>
> Also is it appropriate to ask a question on the LevenbergMarquardtOptimizer
> in this forum?

Better start another thread for that one, on the "user" ML:
    https://commons.apache.org/mail-lists.html
with "[Math]" as prefix in the "Subject:" line.

Thanks,
Gilles

Posted by Bill Igoe <bi...@gmail.com>.
I noted the beta on maven.  Should I delete the older version from the POM
file?   I now have both in my code;

Also is it appropriate to ask a question on the LevenbergMarquardtOptimizer
in this forum?

If so, in the LeastSquaresOptimizer.Optimum object what is the
appropriate value for the getSigmas function?
I assume the function returns the standard error for each of the estimated
coefficients.

Have a Happy New Year!

Bill