Posted to adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2006/05/16 21:10:25 UTC

ADF Faces core ?

Hi-

I just have a question, why "ADF Faces core" is called "ADF Faces core"?
I think the core is missleading.

When you have "rich tools" like JDev, you have some components libs on
your component palette. In standard you have JSF HTML and JSF CORE.

Core is independent form any RenderKit (HTML, WML, etc)
the <f:xxx things could be used everywhere.

ADF Faces core contains components like selectInputColor or selectInputDate.
From my POV it is not "core" in that meaning how the JSF spec defines
the "core" name.

Any thoughts?

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf
Aechterhoek 18

Re: ADF Faces core ?

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
It is somewhat different from the "core" out of the JSF spec.  But note
that it is our general intention that the core components are
useable across different devices.  For instance, in the Apache
drop, you can display both to desktop browsers and to mobile
devices.  And, in some code that is still Oracle proprietary, the
same components (af:inputText, af:commandButton, etc.) are supported
on Telnet devices and "ASK" (instant messaging) clients.

So, that's why we called 'em Core!

-- Adam