Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by r d <r_...@yahoo.com> on 2004/08/10 06:35:12 UTC

Choice of Lenya

Hi,

We are into a stage where we need to make decision about choosing CMS for our project.
I have following point and some insight would be helpful.

1. Lenya does not support DB store - is there anyway out?
2. Lenya plans to support slide as repositiory but we have tried slide eariler and found that performance was an issue. So are two teams (slide/Lenya) going to address this issue?

Otherwise we found Lenya to fit our requirements.

Thanks,
rd.

Re: Choice of Lenya

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 06:35, r d wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are into a stage where we need to make decision about choosing CMS
> for our project.
> I have following point and some insight would be helpful.
>
> 1. Lenya does not support DB store - is there anyway out?

Only the hard way, where we need to fight with good old fists:
Switch away from simple java.io.File store.

And once upon a time we have switched to SVN I/we will start to checkin
some changes torwards a repo integration.

> 2. Lenya plans to support slide as repositiory but we have tried slide
> eariler and found that performance was an issue. So are two teams
> (slide/Lenya) going to address this issue?

Slide really had performance issues using the File system based store? I
can not believe that. I think the performance can be tuned using the
right store impls. for the right content.

> Otherwise we found Lenya to fit our requirements.

Nice :)

--
Rolf Kulemann