Posted to user@struts.apache.org by eric scroger <er...@yahoo.com> on 2004/02/07 22:53:00 UTC

Struts Tiles: Question Mark characters in page output

Can someone tell me why I'm getting question mark
chacters in my output display instead of the actual
page content?

I'm using Tomcat 4.0.x with Struts 1.1.

I'm using a simple layout template and setting
the Tiles in the layout as follows:

layout.jsp:
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-tiles.tld"
prefix="tiles" %>

<tiles:insert attribute="header" />
<tiles:insert attribute="menu" />
<tiles:insert attribute="body" />
<tiles:insert attribute="footer" />

index.jsp: (uses layout.jsp)
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-tiles.tld"
prefix="tiles" %>

<tiles:insert template="/layout/layout.jsp">
  <tiles:put name="title"  value="Project - Home" />
  <tiles:put name="header"  value="/tiles/header.jsp"
/>
  <tiles:put name="menu"  value="/tiles/menu.jsp" />
  <tiles:put name="body"  value="/tiles/body.jsp" />
  <tiles:put name="footer"  value="/tiles/footer.jsp"
/>
</tiles:insert>

I checked the logs and I'm not getting any exceptions.

Thanks,
Eric

Re: Struts Tiles: Question Mark characters in page output

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
On 02/07/2004 10:53 PM eric scroger wrote:
> Can someone tell me why I'm getting question mark
> chacters in my output display instead of the actual
> page content?
>
> I'm using Tomcat 4.0.x with Struts 1.1.

Question marks in the output can be the result of <fmt:message> taglibs
not finding their given key in the resource bundle.

Adam
--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 Debian