Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by Jeff Zemerick <jz...@apache.org> on 2023/04/03 19:03:06 UTC

Thoughts on an OpenNLP 2.2.0 release?

Hi all,

I would like to start a discussion for the release of OpenNLP 2.2.0.
Since the last release of 2.1.1, there have been a couple significant
additions and a variety of improvements. Some notable changes include
the introduction of SLF4J for logging instead of System.out,
sentence-transformers support via ONNX Runtime, and tokenizer
factories for additional languages. The full list is here [1].

How does the community feel about an OpenNLP 2.2.0 release? If there
are no objections to a release, I will volunteer to act as the Release
Manager, with the goal of paying close attention to the Release Steps
[2] so we can work toward automating more of the release steps. The
Jenkins job for running the nightly evaluation tests already makes
things simpler.

Thanks,
Jeff

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENNLP-141?jql=project%20%3D%20OPENNLP%20AND%20status%20in%20(Resolved%2C%20Closed)%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.1.2%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC%2C%20updated%20DESC

[2] https://opennlp.apache.org/release.html

Re: Thoughts on an OpenNLP 2.2.0 release?

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.
If there are any tasks someone new to the project could help with please
let me know.

Posted by Richard Zowalla <ri...@zowalla.com>.
+1

Posted by Richard Zowalla <rz...@apache.org>.