Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Eric Halim <er...@ppu.co.id> on 2014/05/02 05:26:10 UTC

Ofbiz Marketplace

Does Ofbiz can provide something like Marketplace? Where registered user allowed to create product and sell it.

So it is kind of C2C type.

---

Re: Ofbiz Marketplace

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hans,

Why don't you make that (new) feature set available as a patch file on a
'New Feature' JIRA issue. That way community members can evaluate your
solution and if enough support (through votes) is available the PMC can
decide whether or not to include it?

Regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: Ofbiz Marketplace

Posted by Nick Rosser <nr...@solveda.com>.
BigFish is a out-of-the-box B2C eCommerce solution that extends OFBiz to
make it super easy to implement a site. Back end Admin Module has
extracted specific functionality from OFBiz for eCommerce admins.

As you know, typically a marketplace is a B2C eCommerce site with
special features to allow self-service registration and product upload.
BigFish does not currently support this concept although we've had many
conversations about providing this functionality. We've also been
discussing offering adapters that could feed into many of the
marketplaces available (particularly in India where marketplace
solutions dominate the whole eCommerce landscape, like SnapDeal and
FlipKart).

Nick
www.solveda.com
bigfish.solveda.com

RE: Ofbiz Marketplace

Posted by Eric Halim <er...@ppu.co.id>.
Wow. I'm interested. Just now I found Big Fish. Is it the same thing or how it differs?

We created that a while ago, but discontinued it,  perhaps it was too early?

We can put it back when there is enough interest....

Regards,
Hans

http://antwebsystems.com

On 02/05/14 10:26, Eric Halim wrote:
> Does Ofbiz can provide something like Marketplace? Where registered user allowed to create product and sell it.
>
> So it is kind of C2C type.
>

> ---

---

Re: Ofbiz Marketplace

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.

Re: Ofbiz Marketplace

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.
Typically, patches are attached to the Jira issue and some people try
them out. If all goes well, a committer will commit the patches to the
project.

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com

RE: Ofbiz Marketplace

Posted by Eric Halim <er...@ppu.co.id>.
This will be a great addition for OfBiz if MarketPlace going on to production.
Usually what are conditions to make it goes to development phase?

OFBiz has some limited support for the marketplace business model. There is a Jira issue that includes a marketplace design discussion:

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com

On 5/1/2014 8:26 PM, Eric Halim wrote:
> Does Ofbiz can provide something like Marketplace? Where registered user allowed to create product and sell it.
>
> So it is kind of C2C type.
>

> ---

---

---

RE: Ofbiz Marketplace

Posted by Eric Halim <er...@ppu.co.id>.
Thanks, I'll be watching this.

OFBiz has some limited support for the marketplace business model. There is a Jira issue that includes a marketplace design discussion:

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com

On 5/1/2014 8:26 PM, Eric Halim wrote:
> Does Ofbiz can provide something like Marketplace? Where registered user allowed to create product and sell it.
>
> So it is kind of C2C type.
>

> ---

---

Re: Ofbiz Marketplace