Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net> on 2001/10/10 16:52:00 UTC

JSPTL EA 1.2

Hi all -

I'd like to announce a revision to the early-access reference
implementation of the JSP Standard Tag Library (JSPTL), hosted at Jakarta
Taglibs.  The new version (1.2) supports two additional expression
languages: JXPath from Commons, integrated by Dmitri Plotnikov, and
JavaScript (using the Rhino engine, integrated by Justy Horwat).

The JSR-052 Expert Group is still considering the merits of various
expression-language alternatives.  Therefore, there is still time to
submit feedback, opinions, and testing experience concerning expression
languages to the JSR-052 group at jsr052-comments@sun.com.  All feedback
is welcome!

You can download version 1.2 of the early-access release at

  http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-taglibs/releases/jsptl/

Work is just beginning on version 2.0 of the early-access RI, which is
currently planned to include lots of additional functionality beyond the
core offerings in EA1.  Stay tuned. :-)

Shawn Bayern
JSPTL reference-implementation lead

RE: JSPTL EA 1.2

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 zeljko@technologist.com wrote:

> I'm a bit confused about JSPTL versions. What do you mean by 1.2? Is it
> JSPTL 1.0 EA 1.2 or JSPTL 1.2? Does it mean that first production quality
> version of JSPTL will be 3.5?

Sorry for the confusion; as I wrote, it's a new revision (1.2) of the
early-access release.  Given your two choices, it's the former ("JSPTL 1.0
EA 1.2"), not a formal production-quality release.

To my knowledge, the first full release will be called JSPTL 1.0.

Shawn

RE: JSPTL EA 1.2

Posted by ze...@technologist.com.