Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Lukasz Czekierda <lu...@ics.agh.edu.pl> on 2002/01/22 16:01:43 UTC

IPv6 question

Hello,

I saw last e-mails concerning IPv6 and Tomcat in this place in March. So
is it all clear?

I have installed Tomcat 4.0.1 on RedHat (kernel 2.4.14) and tried to
connect to Tomcat using IPv6. Unfortunately, I got the 400 HTTP error
Bad Request returned by Tomcat.
The form of URL wan analogous to the one I used in IPv4 communication:
http://address:8080/test/appl where address is the IPv6 address enclosed
in [].
JAVA_HOME variable points to my JDK1.4 beta location.

On the standard 80 HTTP port runs Apache server which correctly accepts
IPv6 requests.

I would be grateful for your help.
Thanks in advance,

Lukasz Czekierda
Distributed Systems Research Group, UMM in Krakow, Poland