Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nikola Milutinovic <Ni...@ev.co.yu> on 2001/10/04 15:14:45 UTC

mod_webapp: Server name

Hi all.

I managed to compile mod_webapp.so on Tru64. Now, Apache bugs out if I don't specify ServerName.

This works:
--------------------------------------
LoadModule webapp_module      libexec/mod_webapp.so
AddModule mod_webapp.c

<IfModule mod_webapp.c>
ServerName Legba.ev.co.yu
WebAppConnection tomcat4 warp Legba.ev.co.yu:8008
WebAppDeploy examples tomcat4 http://Legba.ev.co.yu/examples/
</IfModule>
--------------------------------------

Also, using localhost in the first line or just /examples/ in the second line works, as well.

Q1: Why do I have to specify server name? I'm not using virtual hosts.
Q2: If I do have a couple of virtual hosts, do I connect in each one of them or just deploy?

In other words:

<VirtualHost 192.168.61.18:80>
ServerName Legba.ev.co.yu
WebAppConnection tomcat4 warp Legba.ev.co.yu:8008
WebAppDeploy examples tomcat4 http://Legba.ev.co.yu/examples/
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost 192.168.61.18:80>
ServerName Test.ev.co.yu
WebAppConnection tomcat4 warp Test.ev.co.yu:8008
WebAppDeploy examples tomcat4 http://Legba.ev.co.yu/examples/
</VirtualHost>

I know and understand that WebAppDeply should be virtual-host-specific, but what about WebAppConnect?

Nix.