Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Clinton J. Totten" <cj...@vsticorp.com> on 2007/09/21 18:44:07 UTC

Performing SSL on tomcat using the JAAS ream

I am getting a 401 error when trying to access my webapps deployed on
tomcat.  I configured the JAAS realm and connection properties according
to the tomcat documentation in the server.xml file.  In the web.xml file
the login-config auth method element is set to CLIENT-CERT with a realm
name of JAASRealm.  I placed the compiled classes for the login module,
principal and callback handlers under the tomcat/server/classes
directory and put the jaas config file in the conf directory.  Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks!

RE: Re: Performing SSL on tomcat using the JAAS ream

Posted by "Clinton J. Totten" <cj...@vsticorp.com>.
Thanks Bill for the information but I'm a bit confused b/c the tomcat
documentation talks about how to configure the JAAS realm:
http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/howto-jaas.html.