Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by jcplerm <jc...@ameritech.net> on 2003/10/12 21:46:30 UTC

SVGGraphics2D to SAX events

Is there a way of having SVGGraphics2D write SAX events to a content handler, rather than building an entire DOM tree for AWT drawing calls?

Is there another Batik class available that does that?

The reason I'm asking is that DOM consumes too much memory, and I actually have no need at all to manipulate that tree in memory after the drawing calls are completed. The SAX model would be the perfect one, especially when streaming the SAX events down a Cocoon pipeline.

Thanks a lot,

jlerm