Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael Scheidell <sc...@secnap.net> on 2009/09/28 22:52:12 UTC

[Fwd: maddr] unique id's but duplicate email

I sent this to our support group, but looks like there can be some
issues, and maybe a better way.

while there cannot be a duplicate id:

(maddr id = 5) can't exist in partition_tag 23 AND 24,

the email address CAN exist in multiple partitions, is this the intended
results?
seems that daily, weekly and monthly cleanups that rely on maddr id's,
or reports that think they will get one id could fail.

starwoodhotelsresorts@starwood.delivery.net

select partition_tag,id from maddr where
email='starwoodhotelsresorts@starwood.delivery.net';
+---------------+---------+
| partition_tag | id      |
+---------------+---------+
|             0 |  827430 |
|        200934 | 7454622 |
|        200938 | 9316892 |
+---------------+---------+

Posted by "McDonald, Dan" <Da...@austinenergy.com>.
On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 16:52 -0400, Michael Scheidell wrote:
> I sent this to our support group, but looks like there can be some
> issues, and maybe a better way.

Wrong list - this is an amavisd question....

> while there cannot be a duplicate id:
>
> (maddr id = 5) can't exist in partition_tag 23 AND 24,

There can be, if you have your schema built properly.

> the email address CAN exist in multiple partitions, is this the
> intended results?

Yes.  That way you can blithely purge an entire partition and maintain
referential integrity.

> seems that daily, weekly and monthly cleanups that rely on maddr id's,
> or reports that think they will get one id could fail.

They need to be altered for use with partitions.  That's the point of
partition tags....

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
www.austinenergy.com