Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Fengtan <fe...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/19 00:04:07 UTC

Books about Nutch

Hi,

I am trying to list all books about Nutch -- here are the ones I have found:

   - Big data made easy : a working guide to the complete Hadoop toolset
   (Chapter 3) http://www.apress.com/us/book/9781484200957
   - Hadoop: The Definitive Guide, 2nd Edition (Chapter 16)
   http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920010388.do
   - Web Crawling and Data Mining with Apache Nutch
   https://www.amazon.ca/Crawling-Data-Mining-Apache-Nutch/dp/1783286857

Does anyone know about any other book ?

Also is it possible to have access to the wiki ? I may contribute a few
things... My id: FengTan

Re: Books about Nutch

Posted by Steven Hayles <sh...@leicester.ac.uk>.
There are very few books about Nutch. I have "Web Crawling and Data Mining
with Apache Nutch" but suggest you'd do better reading on-line
documentation and discussions or looking at the code. I agree with Chris
MacNaughton's review
https://chrismacnaughton.com/blog/2014/01/22/web_crawling_and_data_mining_with_apache_nutch/

Steven Hayles
Systems Analyst

IT Services, University of Leicester,
Propsect House, 94 Regent Rd, Leicester, LE1 7DA, UK

t: +44 (0)116 229 7950
e: sh23@le.ac.uk

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/uniofleicester or
visit our Facebook page https://facebook.com/UniofLeicester