Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Marquis Samuel <sa...@elca.ch> on 2005/12/01 16:40:21 UTC

java.lang.NumberFormatException

Hello,

I use xerces-j 1.4.4 with java 1.3.1 (no choice.)
For weeks I used it in a program to parse a file and it worked well but now
I got this:

java.lang.NumberFormatException: 20051411427
	at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1111)

Nowhere do I say that this tag should contain a number (I have no DTD or
Schema);
and the funny thing is that if
I change its content to characters other than numbers, the file is parsed
without error.

If I understand well, the parse should just call my handler implementation
for any tag and
characters it meets; it should not try do convert the tag's content or the
caracters into anything,
right?
Also, I seems to me I have not changed any code related to this lately, so I
do not understand
what is wrong.

I made some tests:
-if I change the content of the file such as to replace the fautly
"20051411427" with
a string other than digits, it works;
-if I reduce the number of digits, it works : number too large?
-I have other 11-digits strings in the file, they do not produce errors.

Any Hint?

Samuel