Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Dirkjan Ochtman <dj...@apache.org> on 2013/10/20 11:54:49 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.5.0-rc.3

Dear community,

I would like to release Apache CouchDB 1.5.0-rc.3, with a number of
documentation-related fixes.

Changes since last round:

 * https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=couchdb.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/1.5.x

We encourage the whole community to download and test these release
artefacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the
release is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so get
stuck in!

The release artefacts we are voting on are available here:

    wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/1.5.0/rc.3/apache-couchdb-1.5.0.tar.gz
    wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/1.5.0/rc.3/apache-couchdb-1.5.0.tar.gz.asc
    wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/1.5.0/rc.3/apache-couchdb-1.5.0.tar.gz.ish
    wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/1.5.0/rc.3/apache-couchdb-1.5.0.tar.gz.md5
    wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/1.5.0/rc.3/apache-couchdb-1.5.0.tar.gz.sha

Please follow the test procedure here:

    http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure

Please remember that "rc.3" is an annotation. If the vote passes,
these artefacts will be released as Apache CouchDB 1.5.0.

Please cast your votes now.

Thanks,

Dirkjan

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.5.0-rc.3

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Sig: OK
Hashes: OK
Diff: OK
Virus check: OK
Manual inspection: OK
Build: OK
Tests: OK
Futon: OK

+1

Thanks for preparing this, Dirkjan!

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.5.0-rc.3

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl>.
On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 5:15 PM, Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com> wrote:
> P.S. One missed bit: license information still "broken" (Noah, have
> you fixed it? Because I didn't). Have we decide that this is non
> critical? Just to be sure that everything is fine.

IIUC, Noah needed more time to fix up licensing bits, and we decided
to move ahead with the current situation in the rc.2 thread, anyway.

Cheers,

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 7:31 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> wrote:
> There are some issues with the LICENSE and NOTICE fine, but we are
> compliant from a legal perspective now, so this is till a non-blocking bug
> IMO. I have it on my TODO list to fix before the next release.

Ok, that's good (:

--
,,,^..^,,,

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.5.0-rc.3

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.
On 20. Oktober 2013 at 21:28:41, Nick North (north.n@gmail.com) wrote:

>Yet another Windows build, with another Erlang version:
>
>+1 Windows 8, Erlang R15B03-1

+1

OSX 10.8.5
brewed spidermonkey & icu4c
custom erlang R16B02
sig & hashes OK
verify OK
docs OK (url works, search works, nice work :-)

Thanks everybody!

A+
Dave

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.5.0-rc.3

Posted by Nick North <no...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de>.

Posted by Nick North <no...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Dirkjan,

Thanks for the nudge. Unable to go into detail without reviewing,
which is what takes time. And likely, I will fix as I review. I have
created a new branch and a ticket to track this work.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.5.0-rc.3

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.5.0-rc.3

Posted by Nick North <no...@gmail.com>.
+1 Windows 8, Erlang 14B04.

I'll try building an Erlang 16 Windows release next...

After Windows installation, the View Readme tickbox doesn't work properly:
it throws up a command prompt, wich then disappears, but no README file.
Not a showstopper though.

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Garren Smith <ga...@apache.org>.
+ 1

Mac OSX 10.8.5
Erlang R16B02

Posted by Lars Gierth <la...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.5.0-rc.3

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de>.
On 20 October 2013 14:19, Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 20 October 2013 13:32, Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de> wrote:
>

> > (1)
> > while running "make distcheck", there are a lot of Tex warnings
> > (like Underfull \hbox) - not sure if this is an issue ...
> >

> Are you building from the dist tarball? The TeX stuff should not be
> running, as the PDFs are supplied pre-built.
>

> --
> Noah Slater
> https://twitter.com/nslater

I have unzipped

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de>.
On 20 October 2013 11:54, Dirkjan Ochtman <dj...@apache.org> wrote:

> Dear community,
>
> I would like to release Apache CouchDB 1.5.0-rc.3, with a number of
> documentation-related fixes.
>
> Changes since last round:
>
>  *
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=couchdb.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/1.5.x

> artefacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the
> release is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so get
> stuck in!
>
> The release artefacts we are voting on are available here:
>
>     wget
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/1.5.0/rc.3/apache-couchdb-1.5.0.tar.gz
>     wget
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/1.5.0/rc.3/apache-couchdb-1.5.0.tar.gz.asc
>     wget
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/1.5.0/rc.3/apache-couchdb-1.5.0.tar.gz.ish
>     wget
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/1.5.0/rc.3/apache-couchdb-1.5.0.tar.gz.md5
>     wget
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/1.5.0/rc.3/apache-couchdb-1.5.0.tar.gz.sha
>
> Please follow the test procedure here:
>
>     http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure
>
> Please remember that "rc.3" is an annotation. If the vote passes,
> these artefacts will be released as Apache CouchDB 1.5.0.
>
> Please cast your votes now.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dirkjan

Mac OS X 10.8.5 Build 12F45
Erlang R16B02 (erts-5.10.3)

verify candidate OK
check candidate OK
check code OK, but see (1) and (2)

(1)
while running "make distcheck", there are a lot of Tex warnings
(like Underfull \hbox) - not sure if this is an issue ...

(2)
60/87
/Users/andwen/project/couchdb/1.5.0.rc3/dist/apache-couchdb-1.5.0/apache-couchdb-1.5.0/_build/../share/www/script/test/replicator_db_survives.js
... FAIL
    Reason: no_db_file

install couchdb OK, but see (3) and (4)

(3)
couch_httpd_auth.erl:141: Warning: crypto:sha_mac/2 is deprecated and will
be removed in in a future release; use crypto:hmac/3

(4)
couch_passwords.erl:26: Warning: crypto:sha/1 is deprecated and will be
removed in in a future release; use crypto:hash/2

Seems that this should be updated to not run in any pitfalls

run couchdb OK

I don't think, that the points (1) through (4) are blocking the release. So
+1

@Dave - when done, I can test also homebrew like we did with the last
release candidate rc2 (was: url 'https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/
couchdb/source/1.5.0/rc.2/apache-couchdb-1.5.0.tar.gz'
 sha1 '5e2ead6c968d910e2ed871a7588758b238a9fd09')

Thanks everybody for your awesome work ;-) And this time also a big +100
for Fauxton!

Andy

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 1.5.0-rc.3

Posted by Matt Goodall <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

sig: ok
md5/sha: ok
distcheck: ok
verify: ok

Tested on Ubuntu 13.10. Futon, Fauxton and documentation all present
and working.