Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Ilkka Priha <ip...@norther.org> on 2005/10/06 15:06:51 UTC

Old collections in RELEASE 1.0 branch

Hi

Note that the release 1.0 branch still has version 2.1.1 of commons-collections
although some new code already uses version 3.1.

-- Ilkka

Re: Old collections in RELEASE 1.0 branch

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

I updated CVS branch to Torque version 3.1.1, commons-collection_3.1 and
hsql_1.8.0.2.
All /profile files are merged from HEAD, I checked test-suite DB
creation for maxDB and hsql both work. Could someone check Oracle,
PostgreSql and MySQL?

Some tests fail when running the test-suite (and some more when using
maxDB).
I think the backport from HEAD was not complete (AnonymousFieldsTest and
InheritanceMultipleTableTest show new unexpected failures when using
hsql) - Jakob could this be the case? The additional failures with maxDB
need more investigation.

Tomorrow I will check in some bug fixes/improvements  regarding the
super-reference handling (reintroduce sql-string caching in
SqlStatement, code optimization) in CVS HEAD (and branch).

regards,
Armin

Re: Old collections in RELEASE 1.0 branch

Posted by Jakob Braeuchi <jb...@gmx.ch>.
hi ilkka, armin,

afaik this is my mistake, i use commons-collection 3.1 locally.

jakob

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Armin Waibel wrote:
>> And an update to Torque 3.1 ?
>>

> This would be the best solution, but this will cause (much) work:
> Update of all /Profile files, xx-schema.xml and xx-data.dtd files, build
> torque files.
>
> The CVS HEAD was updated (AFAIK) by Jakob, so he knows what to do.

I compared the files in HEAD (Torque_3.1) with 1.0.x branch. An update
should be possible without (too) much effort. Will try to get it work
with Torque_3.1

regards,
Armin

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.
On 10/6/05, Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org> wrote:
> Ilkka Priha wrote:
> > Hmm, but ...sql.SelectStatement 1.1.2.1 in the release branch uses
> >
> > import org.apache.commons.collections.set.ListOrderedSet;
> >
> > which is not available in 2.1.1 preventing the branch to compile.
> >

> Correct, I'm currently working on this stuff. Maybe it's possible to use
> commons-collection_3.1 jar in OJB, to extract the specific classes used
> by torque_3.0.2 from the commons-collection_2.1.1 jar and to build a
> small backward compatible jar for torque.
> WDYT?

And an update to Torque 3.1 ?

Tom

Re: Old collections in RELEASE 1.0 branch

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ilkka Priha <ip...@norther.org>.

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.