Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org> on 2009/11/06 14:45:02 UTC

Artifact-alias issues with 2.2 for plugins

I'm trying to build a openjpa 2.0 plugin for 2.2, which would replace
the existing openjpa 1.2 plugin when installed.
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/branches/2.2/plugins/openjpa2

The following works as expected:
1) when the new openjpa2 plugin and deployer are installed they replace
the existing ones via the "obsoletes" directive in config.xml
2) the artifact-alias.properties and client-artifact-alias.properties
are updated with:
org.apache.geronimo.configs/openjpa//car=org.apache.geronimo.configs/openjpa2/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
org.apache.geronimo.configs/persistence-jpa10-deployer//car=org.apache.geronimo.configs/persistence-jpa20-deployer/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car

Issues:
1) the offline-deployer-config.xml contains entries for the old openjpa
and jpa10-deployer modules and the new openjpa2 and jpa20-deployer
modules.  I would have expected the old ones to be removed, as was done
for the server config.xml
2) the openjeb module fails to load (even after server restart) using
the new plugins, even though entries were added to
artifact-alias.properties -
aused by: org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException:
Configuration gbean failed to start
org.apache.geronimo.configs/openejb/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
reason: Missing dependency:
org.apache.geronimo.configs/openjpa/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.load(KernelConfigurationManager.java:166)

Any ideas?  I've opened GERONIMO-4946 with the above details.

-Donald

Re: Artifact-alias issues with 2.2 for plugins

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Thanks for updating the wiki.  :-)

-Donald

Posted by chi runhua <ch...@gmail.com>.