Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Franz Amador <fg...@yahoo.com> on 2008/01/21 20:26:27 UTC

T5: Inject services into domain objects?

Are there any plans for a way to inject services into domain objects, i.e. entities created by Hibernate?  For example, my domain objects have some fairly complex business logic that must occasionally execute a query.  For that, they use a DAO, which is a service, but it's not clear the best way for them to get access to the DAOs.  In the absence of something better, I tend to keep a static reference to the instance of each DAO, but that's poor form.

Spring has a way of doing this using aspects, and I know it's controversial.  I've seen heated debates between those who believe entities should be simple data carriers that have no reason to access services and those who prefer a more classic OO style in which the entities are full domain objects that carry out the primary behavior of the app.  Obviously I fall into the latter camp, and I believe there are enough of us to form a sizable constituency for such a feature.

Re: T5: Inject services into domain objects?

Posted by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com>.
have you tried using a hibernate interceptor ?