Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Paries <ra...@unitnet.com> on 2001/04/10 21:20:21 UTC

RE: getting Broken pipe: Broken pipe on console

Hello All,

After I start up my TOMCAT and apache I get on the console the following
exception.

I get these exceptions quite a bit while the servlets/JSP's are being
accessed, but I can not reproduce these exceptions on demand.

==========================
In the servlet log I get the following sometimes.
2001-04-10 02:11:55 - path="" :java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
2001-04-10 02:11:55 - path=""
:WriteMessageToBrowserjava.lang.IllegalStateException: Writer is already
being used for this request

===========================
java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe: Broken pipe
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:86)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.TcpConnector.receiveFully(TcpConnector.j
ava:150)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.TcpConnector.receive(TcpConnector.java:1
21)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler.processConnection
(Ajp13ConnectionHandler.java:146)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
Any suggestions on debugging or troubleshooting.

Thanks
Randy Paries