Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Eric Freed <ef...@metafreed.net> on 2004/02/09 23:01:57 UTC

SAXParseException: Illegal character

I am trying to get an attachment from a SOAP::Lite (Perl) server, and I
am getting:

SAXParseException: Illegal character at end of document, &#x2d;

Non-attachment calls work fine. I know that &#x2d is a hyphen, so I am
guessing that there is either a stray hyphen somewhere, or (perhaps)
this is just a symptom of a larger SOAP::Lite/AXIS interoperability
problem. I can't see any stray hyphens, and I've seen people who claim
to use a SOAP::Lite server to send attachments to Axis. In other words I
am stumped.

What am I missing?

I'll print the stack trace below (if that sheds any light), and the
output of tcpmon:

tcpmon:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 21:30:28 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.40 (Red Hat Linux)
start="<main_envelope>"; boundary="----------=_1076362228-30476-1"
SOAPServer: SOAP::Lite/Perl/0.60
Connection: close

------------=_1076362228-30476-1

SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><SOAP-ENV:Body><namesp2:getsampleResponse xmlns:namesp2="urn:SOAPtest"><png_test href="cid:cidtest"/></namesp2:getsampleResponse></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
------------=_1076362228-30476-1

iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAGAAAABICAYAAAAJZ/BjAAAAN3RFWHRUaXRs
ZQAvaG9tZS9lZnJlZWQvcGl4Ly50aHVtYm5haWxzLzEwMS0wMTc3X0lNRy5K
UEcucG5nvaRzRgAAABZ0RVh0U29mdHdhcmUARWVsIFRodW1ibmFpbBTsbYEA
ACAASURBVHicVLzZlhzZlab3ndEGH8I9JkQACSQykclMMkkWq8iqYrGWVOzq
......rest of attachment

stack trace:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Illegal character at end of document,
&#x2d;.
AxisFault
 faultCode:
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Illegal character at end of
document, &amp;#x2d;.
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
        {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Illegal character at end of document,
&amp;#x2d;.
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.fatal(Parser2.java:3339)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.fatal(Parser2.java:3333)
        at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java:640)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java:333)
        at
org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java:448)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(DeserializationContextImpl.java:242)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:538)
        at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:376)
        at Refer_axis_client.attachtest(Refer_axis_client.java:167)
        at Refer_axis_client.main(Refer_axis_client.java:95)

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Illegal character at end of document,
&#x2d;.
        at org.apache.axis.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:129)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:543)
        at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:376)
        at Refer_axis_client.attachtest(Refer_axis_client.java:167)
        at Refer_axis_client.main(Refer_axis_client.java:95)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Illegal character at end of
document, &#x2d;.
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.fatal(Parser2.java:3339)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.fatal(Parser2.java:3333)
        at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java:640)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java:333)
        at
org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java:448)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(DeserializationContextImpl.java:242)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:538)
        ... 8 more

--
Eric Freed <ef...@metafreed.net>