Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Gabriel Oberreuter <go...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/22 22:03:51 UTC

See margin (total price-total cost) in Sales Order to approve it

Hi all, I am Gabriel Oberreuter and am new to OFBiz. First, thanks to this
community for this project! ;)

I am in the process of deciding which Information System to implement at the
company I work for, and I am a big supporter of OFBiz. There are a couple of
things that must be cleared beforehand, though.

We want to be able to see the margin (total price - total cost of the items)
of a Sales Order before approving it. This has been one of the most
important ways our company has to decide which sales to execute. Does OFBiz
have a better or different way to provide this kind of information to the
Sales Order approver? (I mean in the out of the box ofbiz, I am using
trunk).

If not, how do usually approvers decide (using ofbiz of course) which
projects (or basically sales order) to approve?

Thanks!

Re: See margin (total price-total cost) in Sales Order to approve it

Posted by Gabriel Oberreuter <go...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Paramjit,

Then I will be thinking of a way of implementing an application (or a new
tab in the order application) which contains, for each sales order, the
estimated cost of that order. The idea is to provide the margin (or profit)
of the SO to the approver, so he can make a decision on approving it or
not. As this is quite common for us, I thought maybe OFBiz has this somehow
implemented out of the box.

If anybody does a similar process and consider the margin to approve the SO
or not, and mind sharing how to do it, I would appreciate it!

--
Gabriel Oberreuter
Mobile: +56 9 85299198

Re: See margin (total price-total cost) in Sales Order to approve it

Posted by "paramjit.saini" <pa...@viithiisys.com>.
Hi,