Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/18 07:55:03 UTC

Beginner's view

Hello,

Again, thinking from the beginner's view, is there any reason Solr throws
scary looking exception traces in the console when it cannot find optional
html files for admin interfaces (e.g. admin-extra.menu-top.html).

>From my days of tech support, I know that operators are often trained that
ANY exception is not ok, so having several of them (and SEVERE at that)
could make people really confused and worried. And, if there were any real
exceptions in there, they may get shadowed by these less important ones.

Would it make sense to catch those exceptions and log them as Info messages
instead?

Regards,
   Alex.

- Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD book)

Re: Beginner's view

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Let me see how easy it is to patch this.

Upayavira

Re: Beginner's view

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Re: Beginner's view