Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Bob Byron <bb...@radit.com> on 1999/11/11 21:53:44 UTC

Tomcat port initialization

How do you change the port that Tomcat uses to handle http messages?
I change the line in the server.xml file in the tomcat/ directory from:
<ContextManager port="8080" hostName="" inet="">
to:
<ContextManager port="80" hostName="" inet="">

And the server still came up with 8080 as the port instead of 80.

Bob Byron
RAD Systems, Inc.
www.radit.com
(972)516-4256

Re: Tomcat port initialization

Posted by Bob Byron <bb...@radit.com>.
Hey Cool!  The XML file works now.  The server starts up on port 80 just
like it says in the server.xml.

Bob Byron
RAD Systems, Inc.
www.radit.com