Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org> on 2009/03/09 20:15:59 UTC

breaking changes to _view path

I'm about to commit a patch that changes the URL for view queries.
What was previously
http://hostname:5984/mydb/_view/designname/viewname?limit=10 will now
become:

http://hostname:5984/mydb/_design/designname/_view/viewname?limit=10

The reasoning behind this change is reflected in the "REST,
Hypermedia, and CouchApps" dev@ thread listed on this page (the gist
is that with the change, it is possible for design doc provided
resources to link to each other without hardcoding db or ddoc names.
It should also make for more awesome future extensibility):

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/200902.mbox/thread?3

I'll be committing this patch to trunk next thing, and I'll make a
pass through the wiki, but it may take some time for the change to be
reflected throughout the online documentation. Let's start a community
project to leave helpful notes on the comments of old blog posts, etc!

Cheers,
Chris

--
Chris Anderson