Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> on 2009/04/06 13:24:56 UTC

Re: Google Summer Code 2009: couchdb-erlang-unit-tests

Hi Luiz Vitor!

CouchDB has a test suite written in JavaScript. It is pretty sweet and
comprehensive, but it effectively only can test things that are exposed
over the HTTP API that the tests call using AJAX.

We need an Erlang-based unit test suite that allows us to unit-test
the internal modules of CouchDB reliably.

We looked at EUnit, but it is LGPL licensed, so we can't use it. The
license might change in future releases of Erlang/OTP, but nothing
has moved yet and we might look at etap*.

*http://github.com/ngerakines/etap/tree/master

Feel free to ask any more questions.

I CC'd dev@couchdb.apache.org

Cheers