Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/11 18:02:56 UTC

Log4j configuration on YARN

Can anyone tell me where I must place my application-specific
log4j.properties to have them honored when running on a YARN cluster? In my
application jar doesn't work. In the log4j files under flink/conf doesn't
work.

My goal is to set the log level for 'com.mycompany' classes used in my
flink application to DEBUG.

Thanks,
Nick

Re: Log4j configuration on YARN

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Hi Nick,

the name of the "log4j-yarn-session.properties" file might be a bit
misleading. The file is just used for the YARN session client, running
locally.
The Job- and TaskManager are going to use the log4j.properties on the
cluster.

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.
Hey Nick!