Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by "technologyrss.mail" <te...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/12 15:52:02 UTC

unable to add host ACS ubuntu 16.04

*Hi,*

My all server is Ubuntu 16.04 and all service is properly up and
running, I try to create basic zone using nfs and my kvm server but I
face some error like as below image. Please give some idea how to solve
this error.

*ACS server log error as like below.*

*kvm server error as like below.*

**

**I don't know what is security enable needed.*
*

Please give me idea what is error.

*Thanks.**
**---**
**Alamin*

Re: unable to add host ACS ubuntu 16.04

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Alamin,

Ubuntu 16.04 has reached EOL in April 2021 (https://ubuntu.com/about/release-cycle), you should use Ubuntu 18.04 or 20.04.

Can you try running the following on Ubuntu KVM host:

ln -s /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.libvirtd /etc/apparmor.d/disable/
ln -s /etc/apparmor.d/usr.lib.libvirt.virt-aa-helper /etc/apparmor.d/disable/
apparmor_parser -R /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.libvirtd
apparmor_parser -R /etc/apparmor.d/usr.lib.libvirt.virt-aa-helper

Ensure that the libvirtd was configured to listen on tcp/tls, for example:

sed -i -e 's/\#vnc_listen.*$/vnc_listen = "0.0.0.0"/g' /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf
sed -i -e 's/.*libvirtd_opts.*/libvirtd_opts="-l"/' /etc/default/libvirtd
echo 'listen_tls=0' >> /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf
echo 'listen_tcp=1' >> /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf
echo 'tcp_port = "16509"' >> /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf
echo 'mdns_adv = 0' >> /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf
echo 'auth_tcp = "none"' >> /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf
systemctl restart libvirtd

After this restart libvirtd and try adding the host again. I've documented these for Ubuntu here that you can follow: https://rohityadav.cloud/blog/cloudstack-kvm/

Regards.

________________________________
There could be multiple reasons behind  “Unable to add the host”.  Make sure you have configured the KVM host properly. In this case I see libvirtd daemon is running with error, try disabling apparmor module and re-add.  Aslo "uefi.properties not found " is just an admin information and it will not cause any problem in kvm agent running.

Regards,
Pavan.

On Thu, 12 Aug 2021 at 21:22, technologyrss.mail <te...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi,

My all server is Ubuntu 16.04 and all service is properly up and running, I try to create basic zone using nfs and my kvm server but I face some error like as below image. Please give some idea how to solve this error.

ACS server log error as like below.

[cid:17b3b4772a619f66f181]

kvm server error as like below.

[cid:17b3b4772a64c8582162]

I don't know what is security enable needed.

[cid:17b3b4772a6bc79a6a13]

Please give me idea what is error.

Thanks.
---