Posted to log4php-user@logging.apache.org by Janne H <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2011/08/23 09:51:23 UTC

LoggerAppenderRollingFile, missing feature or documenation bug?

Hello.
The docs

http://logging.apache.org/log4php/docs/appender/appender.html#LoggerAppenderRollingFile
tells of a option datePattern, that does not seem to exist.

But it would be great if it did.
What I really want is to be able to get my logs written to files with the name

<some name>-YmdHis.log   (YmdHis is my date pattern that is appended to  the logfiles when they are filled to the limit, maxFileSize.

Wouldn't that be a nice feature? :-)

Re: LoggerAppenderRollingFile, missing feature or documenation bug?

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hello Janne,

nice idea :-)

dateOption does not exist:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4php/trunk/src/main/php/appenders/LoggerAppenderRollingFile.php

Could you create a Jira issue for your idea?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4PHP

I think we should include it in the next release.

Cheers
Christian

PS: patches welcome of course :-)

--
http://www.grobmeier.de

RE: LoggerAppenderRollingFile, missing feature or documenation bug?

Posted by Michael Sole <ms...@gold-mobile.com>.
This would be cool.

I think the datePattern is for the date inside the log file itself.