Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/06 17:58:48 UTC

AOO Flyer_SME (was : Yet another flyer)

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 7:38 PM, Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Juergen

I started on an SME (which I suppose is Small /Medium Enterprise) piece,
it's not that far along with respect to the Why column - but I did make a
change to the graphical content, based on Juergen's comment regarding
icons. So I'll put this up to google also, it's a throw back again to 2.0
branding, with the new color.

pdf
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx7ZNEXlmR0IWFpNd3dSOTBCN3c
odt
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx7ZNEXlmR0IZklSaHFSTk84Umc
and the updated svg for the wireframe
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx7ZNEXlmR0IMzU0bnotSHFVMzA

Anyway - SME is too broad for my purpose here and I will work tonight to
focus a bit more on:
Clerical staff and part-time elected officials in very small
municipalities, which is the demographic of the room where my friend will
be pitching his services..

As always - I don't own this stuff, feel free to make it better...

//drew

Re: AOO Flyer_SME (was : Yet another flyer)

Posted by Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com>.
Actually I'm not, that is the Apache official logo in EPS format - if the
PDF is created with lossless format it does not render so well, if the JPEG
lossy format is used you will see (and do in the last pdf) a marked
difference. However, the lossless pdf printed at 300 DPS shows off the
feather just fine - without the huge stroke (that is what makes it look
black) as displayed in some readers.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com>.
OK - followed your advice and as usual it ended up better for it.

Here is the 'final' pdf (I generated this with jpeg vs png graphics hoping
might look better with google drive, but not really)
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx7ZNEXlmR0IM3IyRllwRlNnT2M

The odt file is here
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx7ZNEXlmR0IVUs4dGUwbFpkdUk

For my part I'll treat this as finished, I'd like to get back to some other
things this weekend - not the least of which are getting some 'dog food'
notes sorted from putting this together and some time checking the bug
tracker. Nothing in my notes looks like a show stopper for 4.0.1 (and I'll
grab the latest snap shot today and try to do it all one more time) with
the possible exception of exporting to PDF with the tagged option set. The
last couple of odt (of this flyer) that I uploaded will crash my
installation of AOO each and every time if I try to export with that set,
but I can do so with text only documents just fine - so I will take some
time in the morning to see if I can find what specific item is the culprit,
before I make an entry in bugzilla.

Thanks Jürgen

Posted by Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com>.
1: 13+ years - will do.